I am very excited as I have finished my first official crochet pattern for a hat I designed. But before I finalize everything I want to have people test the pattern out to make sure it works, it fits and that the pattern is easy to read.
I am looking for two testers for every size. I think the level would be advance beginner ( will see what the testers think!). It involves reading a written pattern (no graph) and the following stitches: chain (ch), single crochet (sc), double crochet (dc) and slip stitch. The smaller sizes can be done in an evening, the adult hats took me two (about 4 hours)
So how can you be involved?
To be involved you need to
1. go to the Dancing Daffodils FaceBook page and like (if you haven't already). Then comment on this post specifying what size you would like to test. If you are not on Facebook (and don't want to sign up), then all you have to do is subscribe to Dancing Daffodils and comment on the post below.
2. You will need 8ply cotton yarn (or cotton/acrylic blend), 4.00mm ( ) and 3.5mm ( – however this is optional and only needed for 2 rows at the brim). You will need 50g of yarn for the preemie to toddle hats, and 100g for the child to adult hat (the large adult hat may need 150g depending on how many meters the ball has)
3. You need to complete the hat within the next 2 weeks and be able to try it on to check for size (so make sure you have someone who can try it on when you specify size!!!).
4. You then need to email me and let me know how it went, and if possible a picture so I can see your wonderful work (full details will be sent in the email)
5. As a thank you will receive a finalized copy of the pattern you tested for free!
Preemie = head circumference – 32cm (12 1/2 inches)
Newborn = head circumference – 35cm (13 1/2 inches)
3-6months = head circumference – 40cm (15 1/2 inches)
6-12months = head circumference – 44cm (17 inches)
Toddler = head circumference – 48cm (18 1/2 inches)
Preschooler = head circumference – 50cm (19 1/2 inches)
Child = head circumference – 53cm (21 inches)
Teen/small adult = head circumference – 56cm (22 inches)
Large Adult = head circumference – 59cm (23 1/2 inches)